Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Author Take Over: Venessa Kimball, Author of Piercing the Fold Series



Sabina: Hi Venessa, thank you for coming by and may I just congratulate you on your signing with Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly (CHBB) and your new Re-release of Surfacing the Rim! 

What was your inspiration behind your Piercing the Fold Series? 
Venessa: A television show on The Discovery Channel about wormholes.  Once the idea latched onto my mind,  the story unfolded.

 
There’s been a huge buzz about your signing up with CHBB. What is the biggest difference between being an Indie Author and having a publisher?
Venessa: Having someone behind my writing, pulling for my books to be the best they can be, to be seen by and get out there to the readers.  

Have your goals changed since you signed up?
No, I am a very goal oriented person in general and it definitely reflects in my projects and writing. That has always been a constant.  Now that I am signed,  I feel that those future goals that I had will happen with the support of an amazing publishing house. 

In your new re-releases there is bonus material. Can you lift the veil on what some of it might be? 
In Piercing the Fold: Book 1, I have made some adjustments to the POV interaction between Jesca and Xander in a few spots.  It definitely feeds the emotions they are experiencing for one another.  I also have added sneak peeks of the next installment in PtF: Book 1 for Surfacing the Rim: Book 2.   StR: Book 2 has a sneak peek of   Ascending the Veil: Book 3.  

How come the redesign of the covers? 
Since signing with CHBB,  the publisher and I both agreed that a facelift needed to reflect the new milestone for each of the books.  I really love the new covers!
Old Cover:



New Cover:

 
What are you currently working on? 
Wrapping up Ascending the Veil: Book 3 due to release November 5th and outlining Transcending the Legacy: Book 4.  And, contemplating inspirations and muses for my work in progress #5 and #6.  Both are very different from my current Paranormal Sci-Fi series. 

Thank you for coming by Venessa. Before releasing you entirely, I have a few quick questions:
Is there a genre you really want to try and write a book (or series) in? 
Yes, my work in progress #5 is a New Adult Contemporary Drama novel.  Work in progress #6 will be an Adult Contemporary Fiction novel. Both will be  stand alone novels.  
Coffee or tea?
Coffee
 Favorite color?
I have always been partial to coral and peach
Favorite author?
Hmmm,  old- Shakespeare ; new- Diana Gabaldon
The first book you read?
Dr. Suess’ The Cat in the Hat
If you could be a magical creature, what would you like to be? 
I think a nymph...they are immortal after all. 
 
What are you reading right now?
Not reading anything right now, but my To Be Read list is filled and ready and waiting for me when AtV: Book 3 is done.  I usually take a week or so between books and indulge, get lost in reading :)
 
Want to know more about Venessa? You can find her here:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment