Monday, October 28, 2013

Book Review: Engaging Kennewick by Sarah J. Carr ( a JackRabbit7 prequel)




When I read the first prequel (pRevealing Hamilton), I was fascinated by Molly’s story. After reading the novel Revealing Hamilton, I knew I wanted to get their story. Engaging Kennewick gives us a little about Molly and Dane’s story, and it is GOOD!!!

I got caught by Sarah’s story in pRevealing Hamilton, and I know that when I sit down with one of Sarah’s books, I’m unable to close the book until I’ve read the last page. Engaging Kennewick isn’t any different from the other books – I was hooked from beginning to end, and left with more questions than answers. I really need to read Embracing Hamilton. *eyes kindle on the table* I just have to finish some things first…. I hate to rush with my reading.

Anyways, back to topic. Engaging Kennewick is a short and quick read, filled with old hurt, fear, panic, action and of course love. I loved being able to get to know Molly and Dane a little better. We also get to see Nick from a very different side than we usually know him. Which was quite the eye opener for me, and actually explains a lot regarding his behavior later in life.

So… If you’re new to the JackRabbit7 series – please start with the prequel pRevealing Hamilton. If you want to read this one afterwards, or the novel Revealing Hamilton – your choice. But do NOT miss out on this series, I’m telling you; it will make you laugh, cry, and give you goosebumps. I’m not even going to warn you about the nightmares. You can’t avoid them! As a reader, I'm in awe over Sarah's writing style, the easy way she tags and bags you - without realizing it, you're hooked deep into this series, and can't put it down. Now proceed on your own peril! :-P
 
About the book:
 
Molly Kennewick is involved in a long-distance relationship with a secretive IA employee named Dane Pascall. A prior breakup gone wrong with a resident bad boy leaves a bad taste in Molly’s mouth and also leaves her on edge. A significant amount of time has passed since Axel vanished from her life, but he’s been reminding her of his presence in peculiar ways. A weekend getaway is what Molly believes she needs to clear her head, but history is waiting with bated breath to repeat itself. Can Molly resolve her past and present before her future goes up in flames?
Buy Engaging Kennewick here
 
Meet the Author:
 
Sarah Jayne Carr is a novelist who can be found most evenings with a cup of tea in-hand and her imagination racing from plot to plot. When away from her work, part of her mind is constantly brainstorming her next story and she always has writing paraphernalia within reach.

She wrote stories as a child, but became more serious about her passion during her twenties. In her spare time, she likes to read, splash in mud puddles, smell bookstores and eat Honeycrisp apples. Yearly, she participates in NaNoWriMo and has mentored others through the program. Due to her dedication to National Novel Writing Month, she is part of an amazing writing group.

Born and raised in Washington State, Sarah still resides in the area. Her life is richly filled with her supportive, yet swashbuckling husband and their golden Nugget.
 
Stalk Sarah here:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment