Saturday, February 15, 2014

Author Take Over: Lindsay Avalon, author of Breaking the Nexus


Happy Saturday my Lovelies!!
I hope you're up, awake and that you're having a wonderful day! I know the weather forecast for Denmark is saying windy and rainy (yeah.... woho) So, let's cuddle up with something nice; like  a good book. This weeks Author Take Over has been moved from Wednesday to today, and Lindsay Avalon is today going to tell you about her book; Nexus, which is on sale right now, for only $0.99!!! So lean back, enjoy your cup of tea or coffee, and let me show you more:
 
 
I am a wife, a programmer, and now an author. I have an adorable mini Schnauzer and more books than I have room for. I love reading romance because no matter what may be happening in my life, I can always count on my books to end happily ever after. The day I met my husband was the day I truly began believing in happily ever after. After hearing me complain a few too many times that I had "nothing" to read despite the hundreds of paperbacks scattered around the house, my husband began suggesting I write my own stories. When I finally took his advice I discovered that although I enjoy my day job as a software engineer, my true calling is to be an author. My sister drilled into me an appreciation for fantasy and mythology, something I try to bring to my books. My debut novel, "Breaking the Nexus", started as a book written for NaNoWriMo and has grown to so much more. It was the conduit that introduced me to a fantastic group of independent authors who have changed my life in unimaginable ways. When I'm not writing, I've found a passion for blogging and interviewing fellow authors. I also love reading, baking, crochet, sewing sock monkeys, playing video games, and all sorts of random crafts. I have an incurable love of rubber duckies and stuffed animals, and I believe nobody should have to grow up if they don't want.

Want to know more about Lindsay? Find her on
Facebook
 
 
A homicide detective out of his element…

Demons? Magic? Strange realms filled with mythical creatures? Connor Flynn had no doubt these things existed…in the pages of fictional books. As a homicide detective, he knew evil, witnessed it every day on the job. Even when a series of ritualistic murders begin appearing, he looks to the evidence, not the supernatural. Until the day he found a mysterious woman sitting right in the middle of his latest crime scene. While he searches for a rational explanation, all signs indicate she materialized out of thin air.

A woman in a foreign land…

Locked in battle with a fierce hellbeast one minute, then lying in a pool of blood the next, Sha Phoenix has no idea what happened. A Sorceri within the Mythrian Realm, magic is a way of life, as she manipulates the elements of fire and water. She understands banshees, blood mages, and dragons, not waking to find a sexy detective accusing her of murder. Trapped in the Human Realm, she can be sure of only one thing: the barrier that separates her world from Connor’s is weakening by the minute.

A world on the brink of destruction…

Thrown together by fate, Sha and Connor must find a way to put a stop to a killer, bent on destroying the world as they know it.

The Nexus is breaking, and all hell is about to unleash…literally.
 
You can buy Breaking the Nexus here: Amazon
 
 
 
What’s the matter, little girl? You thought you were so mighty, but you don’t really think you’re a match for me, do you?
Shock rippled through her system. Hands flung out to the side to steady her reeling body, she tried to make sense of the voice that had echoed through her mind. Nobody got through her shields so easily. It had taken years of blood, sweat, and getting the living crap beat out of her, physically and psychically, but she’d erected ironclad defenses. They were nearly impenetrable, her one refuge against the voices and emotions that had bombarded her as her gifts matured.
Stupid chit, you’re nothing compared to my power. Your shields are pathetic, childsplay for me to circumvent. Face it, Sha Maratreva Phoenix, you are weak. Surrender now and your death will be swift. Tarry, and you will scream, beg for the blessed release of death.
The son of a bitch knew her middle name. Nobody knew her real middle name. It was an ancient name passed down through the generations, the meaning lost to the sands of time. The women who bore it never spoke of it, though Sha had no idea why it mattered. She just remembered her mamai drilling it into her stubborn skull that she should never speak it aloud. Honestly, Sha forgot she even had a second name half the time
Poor, foolish child. So lost in a world too large for you. You obey blindly, a lamb being led to the slaughter, yet you never question why. The true question isn’t how I know your name. Rather, it’s why were you taught to fear its power?
Who are you? Sha projected.
Ah, the lamb speaks. I am your nightmare, your reckoning, your damnation. I am your Maestro in this deadly dance. Submit to me, little lamb, and perhaps I’ll spare one you love. How will you choose who lives to see the end? Your beloved mamai perhaps? Your favorite brother, Achaius, the half-breed bastard? Your best friend, the Elf? Or will it be the weak, human detective? The one who even now, your heart cries for?
Sha felt her blood turn to ice. Fighting invisible bonds that locked her in place, prevented her voice from being heard as she tried to warn Connor of the danger. You cowardly son of a drakan whore.
A low laugh drifted through her mind, the sound not unlike sharpened talons drawn across glass. Such fire inside of you. It will be my great pleasure to break you, to send you to your knees as you beg for the lives of the one you love.


No comments:

Post a Comment